Gather & grow. That’s our mantra for our new Chicks in Charge membership! Calling all boss chicks who lead and wish to grow together! Our official social + leadership club is for women entrepreneurs (business owners) and intrapreneurs (women who lead from within a company) and future/new business owners (Hatch!) for deeper connection and support. First, ALL OKC CHICKS CAN BUY TICKETS TO OUR BIG PUBLIC EVENTS. This is a membership for those who would typically sponsor those events.
Just as we do for sponsorship of our social events, we limit the number of categories and businesses within a category per city to foster a diverse, non-competitive and confidential membership and to assist with lead generation and referrals. If the business is based online, then it will be determined on a case-by-case basis. So we could have one dentist from each suburb, for example.
In OKC, we still have openings available for makers/creators/business owners of services and brick and mortar locations and boss Chicks/managers who work for/within a company. If you’re interested, carefully read the criteria, expectations, and benefits and then fill out the application contact form below and Malena will contact you with membership pricing and details! Then up your game with more reach by being a sponsor for one of our quarterly parties! Visit our Sponsor page for types of sponsorships to see what might be a fit for your brand!
Check out our OKC directory to see our current membership roster, which is updated every month. Inquire to see if membership is open in your field/category.
- A female leader who resides in or near the geographic area of the chapter.
- Either own your own business (entrepreneur) or are a manager within a company (intrapreneur/manager level).
- If you want to join Chicks in Charge to represent a side hustle, is your side hustle generating at least $250 a month for you? Have you been working it for at least a year so you aren’t just joining Chicks to try to grow sales over relationships? Is growing that income a high priority? Please explain in comments so we can get a better idea of your goals. Because we are limiting to one to a few per category, we want to ensure you want that spot to grow your biz. If you are unsure, just ask!
- Active social media presence. We ask that our entrepreneur members have AT MINIMUM a Facebook Page (business) and an Instagram account. That’s because one of our goals is to grow the awareness of your personal brand and we want to see that you actively communicate your brand. We will tag you on posts.
- Willing to MAKE the time to attend events and commit to a minimum 6 months with the flock. We ask that you attend AT LEAST 1 out of 6 face to face opportunities. We aren’t looking for women who just want a directory listing or access to our private Facebook group. This is a social networking company so supporting our live events is crucial for our success. We thrive on deep dive connections, so this step is soooo important.
- Growth mindset and belief in empowering and supporting women. Is that you? Awesome. Read on.
- Attendance and participation in our live events to the best of your ability. See above.
- Participation in our online private Facebook group in discussions and asks. Pop in when you can! We’ll keep it fun and worthwhile! This is where our pro Chicks to asks and share wins and we share content from our Lead & Learn luncheons and Read & Lead book clubs.
- Actively and enthusiastically assisting with promoting Chicks in Charge official events and promoting fellow Chicks, whether with leads, sharing social posts, or providing feedback or solutions when asked. That’s the “grow together” mission.
- Commitment of six months minimum in the group and ongoing communication with the exec. director (Malena Putnam) on your goals. If you don’t share, we can’t help you.
- Participating in the Chicks in Charge seasonal girls night out parties as an attendee, booth or pop up vendor, or volunteer. Participation ensures securing your membership spot. Seasonal parties per market are Galentine’s, Spring Fling, Chicksella, Fire & Ice, and Trick or Treat Ball.
- Timely payment of monthly dues via Square. An account will be set up upon agreement and charged automatically. You may input your credit card so you will be billed automatically each month with no hassle. If you fall behind, your membership will be at risk.
- Networking and fellowship with other like-minded female leaders for support, encouragement, mentorship and leadership growth.
- Discount off all Chicks in Charge events and sponsorship opportunities. Free or discounted workshops.
- First dibs on sponsorship opportunities for your category. If you decline, that spot would be open to other companies in your field at a higher rate. This includes pop up shops, table sponsorships, and event sponsorships.
- Inclusion in our Membership Directory which will be on this site and in a members-only page with special discounts for members to shop and support each other.
- Private Facebook group for sharing ideas, leadership discussions, asks and events and promotions. Our “Ask & Grow” philosophy means you ask and we will rally to support you.
- Annual brand planning workshop in December for setting your brand up for success in the coming year.
- Two in person connection opportunities per month. A Read & Lead book club happy hour (every other month), sponsored member happy hours, and Lead & Learn lunches. Our +1 policy will allow each member to bring one guest per event to always meet new boss Chicks. Guests may only attend a luncheon once before joining.
- Free promotion of your personal brand, business and events. Tag #chicksinchargeok on your social media posts and we’ll share it on our feeds or stories.
- Opportunities to participate in Chicks in Charge advertising and marketing programs both online and off. These include direct mail campaigns, print advertising campaigns, collab digital marketing campaigns and more.
- Opportunity for inclusion in blog articles and spotlights on members and seasonal articles to promote you or your brand and products on our website. All posts will be shared on our social networks and boosted.
- Opportunities to host member happy hours, luncheons or workshops.
- Opportunity to be our Power 10 speaker at our Lead & Learn luncheon. It’s a quick 10-minute deep dive on a personal or professional growth topic. The speaker gets promoted for several weeks ahead of the talk.
- Discount tickets to SHE Leads conferences. (OKC, Tulsa, San Antonio.)
Interested? Cool, cool. Fill this out and pop it over!